Sunday, March 28, 2010

health care March

Wow, I used to normally blog on a great basis but not these days. I'd like to, don't get me wrong; and I haven't lost interest. I just have a weird schedule when it comes to sleep and work and being on the web.

Some things have been going on around here. A week ago today, a somewhat 'historic' health-care bill was passed in Congress. It was both praised and damned, depending on what side of the spectrum you're on. I was on the opposing side, as I thought that none of the 435 Reps ever took the time to read it, as they were bullied into voting for it. I'm actually shocked that it was a very divided vote, with the most at 219. I'm glad my Congressman, John Shimkus, voted against it, but I don't like the fact that the other Southern Illinoisan congressman, Jerry Costello, was for it, then was against it, and then it was rumored that he was bribed into supporting it. I don't know the whole story, but either way he was FOR IT. I could go on and on about why I don't support Obama-care (as it is called), but I'll put it short and sweet: its mostly because there will be some freedoms taken away, and it will pretty much be a threat to small businesses who won't be able to afford this. I also believe that 40% of this nation's greatest doctors will quit and most of today's aspiring young doctors will jump ship and choose another profession. I doubt if I can name one person (besides Pelosi) who has actually read all 2000 pages of the bill. Regretfully, I haven't done my part in participating in any tea parties. But I know there's still time in the future. Like many others, I will do what I can to make sure all the Dems that actually voted for this bill will get kicked out of Congress in November. And on a side note, I plan to volunteer for my friend Jason Plummer, who is running for Lieutenant Governor in Illinois (R).

No comments:

Post a Comment