Thursday, October 22, 2009

exclusive blog

At last, finally an exclusive blog here on blogger! Sorry I have been slow at posting blogs this month. It just seems that October has been a very busy month. I'm not sure why when it comes to looking back, but its shocking to know the month's almost over. I know that I haven't been posting hardly any blogs on Myspace lately...since, as mentioned in the previous post, that more people are turning away from the once-mega popular social networking site.

I think its because I've looked into a lot of opportunities in the last two months. No real jobs, but just some stuff that is new to look into. I was approached at Pop's night club last month about an opportunity to edit some guy's planned reality show. We talked about it for a bit, and we were both excited about it. But since then we have only texted each other maybe 3 times. Who knows. For my long-delayed real estate education, I recently got to chat with an old high school classmate of mine (whom I haven't talked to or seen in years, only to have him find me on Facebook) who is really big on investing in real estate. We chat for almost an hour about his previous experiences and in fact, he just recently closed out on a trailer park down in Texas. Overall, the conversation was well worth it since he provided his own input on today's world of investing and with a little advice as well.

I've also been hanging out with my grade-school bf, Josh, who's living in downtown Alton (which is a bad area despite being near a police station). I've been helping him fix computers, and in return, he hooked me up with Windows 7 (he's a Microsoft distributor) on both my laptop and my desktop PC. Windows 7 (which I got 2 1/2 wks before it came out!) is almost exactly the same as Vista, but with no errors by any means. In other words, it runs very smoothly. Plus, I seemed to notice that they definitely revamped Microsoft Paint. Just a random thing ;)

Josh also introduced me to these blog sites that actually pay people over time for writing articles. I wasn't familiar with eHow or Helium until he showed me around. As some of you may know, I love writing, to a certain extent. I wasn't very good at writing in high school or early college only because I didn't like being told what to write about. Not to sound too negative, but if I can't write it in editorial-style, then that's the part that isn't fun anymore. I've already written two articles for eHow, which so far have gained 20 views. I know its better than nothing. Josh, on the other hand, has so far made $8 and in a few years he will have great passive income. For some reason, I'm just not motivated at the moment to write for these sites. Could it be the change in scenery?

Probably the other reason October has been a very busy month is because I've been working crazy hours at Steak 'n Shake. It's like one day I'm working 10am to 5pm, then the next day from 10pm to 6am. Then the next day I would work the dinner rush shift. My sleep schedule would be crazy. I've also been trying to hook up with a girl there, but there are a few things that stand in the way. One, she's 18. I normally don't have a problem with age, although my limit is 20. But with me being 28, there's places I can't take her since most are age-restricted. Two, we work together. After I got in trouble 3 years ago at work, I pledged to myself I would never 'hook up' with anyone at work. Three, she doesn't come from a stable home. I know women aren't supposed to be perfect, but the saying always goes, you can't win 'em all! But she's got the girl next door look and she's very level-headed, and at age 18, she's very mature. Its just that she lives in her own apartment (since age 15) because her parents are crazy, literally. There is a story that goes with it, but I'll stop right there. I do hope to help her out. She's better than what she thinks she is, and I want to be that person who shows her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment