Thursday, November 19, 2009

The power of power

Checkitout:

The Declaration of Independence: 1 page long

The Constitution: 4 pages long

The Emancipation Proclamation: 5 pages long

The Civil Rights Act of 1964: 8 pages long

19th Amendment to the Constitution: 1 page

Social Security Act of 1935: 64 pages long

Nancy Pelosi's House version of health-care bill: nearly 2,000 pages

Harry Reid's Senate version of health-care bill: 2,074 pages

The Communist Manifesto: scouds of pages in 15 volumes

Okay, so I hope by now I'm making my point. I agree with CNN's Jack Cafferty that the Health care bill from Congress is not about health care, its more about power. Sure, I think most hospitals need to be straightened out. I'm not even sure if there's anything about that in the bill(s). Maybe on page 120? or something. I don't know. The more details, the more power. That's just the way I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment