Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to those who have all the love in them for whoever they're with. Ever since junior high I've found this to be my least favorite holiday besides Halloween just because people treat this like a popularity contest. At first, I thought it was a religious holiday. Not to sound too bashful, but I've always seen it as a way for people with significant others to shove their love for them down people's throats. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel most of the time. But, until I know what love is, well.....you know!! lol

I'm already in the middle of working my usual S'nS weekend, and tonight, without a doubt, we will be busy. Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year at SnS. Believe it or not, people actually do bring their dates/wives/partners whatever at our restaurant. I really hate to judge peoples different tastes and traditions, but: Why in the world would anyone take their lover to a place with a drive-thru? The same goes for those who take their dates to SnS on prom and homecoming nights. Applebees? I can kinda see. Houlihans? Sure. Somewhere more upscale? Definitely. I hope your getting some laughter out of this one. I recall reading a recent article about a couple who celebrate their anniversaries at White Castle, only because that's where they met. Cute?!

Getting off topic, I've been asking everyone around me what's better: Fleetwood Mac or Elton John/Billy Joel show in May. I'm saving up to go to one of these shows at the Scottrade Center. I've asked maybe 20 people, and only 2 of them said Fleetwood Mac. I love all 3 acts, but everyone said it right when the best for the right time and money is Elton/Billy. I hope that Fleetwood Mac will go on tour in the future. I plan to go to some shows in 2009, and I'm sure one of those will be the kicker. If anyone is interested in going to Billy/Elton, you're more than welcome to join me. I don't plan on waiting that much longer since that show will likely sell out soon. If no one else is interested, I may splurge bigtime on the seats closer to the stage. Hey, gotta treat myself someway, right?
lol

Peace everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment