Saturday, July 25, 2009

so long, All Star Game

(NOTE: This was originally posted to my Myspace blog on 7/16/09)

...or at least this year, and in St. Louis! In case you probably haven't read or heard, I attended some of the festivities in downtown St. L in honor of the All Star Game coming to Baseball City. I didn't actually go to the game, but I did take advantage of going to some of the stuff that was worth it. I went to the Elvis Costello/Sheryl Crow free concert under the Arch Saturday (it was a charity event for Stand Up To Cancer!), went to Fanfest Sunday and went to the Red Carpet Parade on Tuesday (it was right before the game). It was overall awesome. I am a baseball fan, especially a Cardinals fan. Not to downsize myself, but there are better Cards fans than me out there. I don't follow every game. It's only good to know who we have that's good and bad, and when we are doing good and bad. Watching the games in my spare time is cool too. But I wanted to be a part of history by attending these things. In fact, my grandma recalled going to the All Star Game in '66 (the last time St. L was host) and she still has her old ticket stub.

Below is a link to some of the pics I took at those events. These are to give people a sense of what it was like to be there. I don't have a particular favorite event, because they were all awesome in its own way. If you look at the parade pictures you'll find several NL stars as well as Cardinal Hall of Famers and Tony LaRussa and as a bonus, Capt. Chesley Sullenberger (who successfully landed the plane on Hudson River).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonvoigt/sets/72157621419446631/

No comments:

Post a Comment