Wednesday, June 10, 2009

change of heart for Twitter

This blog was actually published on Myspace on June 4. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the whole copy/paste thing here on Blogger but things are ok now.

A couple months ago I started an account for Twitter, naively. I sorta knew what it was about. I knew that Myspace was so '07, Facebook was so '08, and Twitter was so '09. I thought it was so bland since you just put your status. You could only use 140 characters in your tweet, and you can't really describe yourself in many characters. I even blogged about it at the time, saying it could be a waste of time. But, me, wanting to me more redundant, I kept giving in. Now, I'm addicted.

I've pretty much got Twitter all figured out by now. The good part is that so fewer of people I know (and some I regularly see) are on twitter now. The bad news is that there's not enough people I know. Or maybe its good news. I only follow 30 people, because depending on who you 'follow', they can easily clog up your newsfeed page. For example, I followed DrudgeReport for 2 days and they took up half my page and I pretty much kept hitting the back button many times, which I don't like to do. I can understand why people think its useless, and why people think its addicting. In other words, you either love it OR hate it.

I think why I like Twitter so much is that sometimes I can just put random crazy stuff as my status, or I can at least say my two cents on current events. Some people call it 'microblogging'. I'm not really 'down' with the symbols and reply things, and those ugly looking links (.. or bb.may.somepointlessnamehere). I can also followup on people who I look up to. Like my coach or Tony Robbins, for inspirational tweets. Even my favorite conservative author, Bernard Goldberg, followed me after I started following him. I guess I can feel special that he can see what I'm tweeting about. But there are also creeps and people who try to sell you stuff that 'follow' you on purpose. But, that's the Internet for you.

Sorry I haven't blogged much in the last few weeks. I've had so much on my mind, about everything. Whether its trying to make the Summer of '09 special, planning my new career, sleeping and working at S'n S, yada yada. Speaking of which, yesterday was my 11th anniversary at Steak 'n Shake. I thought 10 years looked cool for me, but the number 11 makes me wanna gag. Needless to say, I decided to break tradition and not write a celebratory blog. I got to see CSN last night, and despite of those guys showing their age, they put on a great show. Aerosmith next week? We shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment