Wednesday, September 2, 2009

not cool

This blogs pretty much about me and my vacation that I'm on....but I thought I'd go rant on here too. Last week Ted Kennedy (longtime senator from MA) passed away. They say if I can't say anything nice I won't say anything at all. But I can't take away that he was involved with cases and laws that changed America in a positive way. It's just that I saw him as a complete hypocrite who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth who just drank heavily and was probably a womanizer. And the whole Kennedy tragedy? Big deal. There's numerous families around that have went through tragedy, although I do know there's a big difference between public and private.

And then there's DJ AM. Hmmm. Where to start on this one? I knew that he was a so-called 'celebrity DJ' who was once part of Crazy Town, and he survived a fiery plane crash along with Travis Barker. I've seen him on a couple awards shows spinning records. I'm sorry to say that he was in a profession where he was lucky and he should have been enjoying the ride. Though I do know it takes a little talent to DJ and spin records, pretty much anyone can do what he did. Call me a hater, call me another jealous guy, but I have no respect for a man who didn't live life the way it's supposed to be. I'll explain myself. The dude survived a fiery plane crash (that killed 4) and yet the former drug addict went back to doing drugs! He was given a second chance at life, for crying out loud and he didn't live it to the fullest. Sure, he probably felt like he didn't deserve it, but who knows. I actually read his twitter (I know, creepy...) twitter.com/DJ_AM which had some tweets right before he died. In most of his tweets, he seemed happy and okay. In fact, in one of his last tweets he wrote, "I get to throw the first pitch at the NY Mets game today. Tell me, how many DJs ever get that opportunity....". So maybe he knew he was lucky, I'll never know.

The main reason my blog is titled, 'Not Cool' is because now, of DJ AM's death, the concert I was going to attend tomorrow night has been postponed. I was going to attend the Weezer and Blink 182 show tomorrow night at Verizon, but it was cancelled bc the band wanted to let Travis mourn the loss of his 'dear friend'. The Cleveland show was also postponed too. I didn't really like Blink 182, but I do respect them since they were one of the bands that 'got there first' because of the genre they helped invent 'pop-punk'. I was going mostly to see Weezer, and bc people from work were going. So what to do on a Thursday night? Hmmm.

Anyhoo, I'm going to be out of town this weekend (Hutchinson, Kansas) with my sister Jenny's family to visit a sick great-aunt. She's had lung cancer for a year now, and she's hanging in there. It will be different seeing her since before she had the illness. Hopefully some happy moments here and there. It won't be a vacation, but a change in scenery for once this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment